Reditus promotes, in Oporto, training sessions for Certification of Professionals in Information Privacy
The courses, developed by the prestigious Association IAAP (International Association of Privacy Professionals), deal with issues related to national and European legislation and regulations. According to this international Association the CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professionals) and CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager) are two of the essential courses for those performing DPO functions.
The 2-day courses, offered at Reditus Business School in partnership with IAPP, are recognized globally. These actions fall within the framework of the annual training plan of Reditus, which envisage the development of other training activities in Lisbon on a monthly basis until the end of the year (www.reditus.pt/pt-pt/eventos).
- Venue: Hotel Dom Henrique, Rua Guedes de Azevedo, Nº179, 4049-009 Porto
- CIPP/E - 25 and 26 of September – 9h-18h
- CIPM - 25 and 26 of September – 9h-18h
- Enrolment by email: email@example.com
Reditus Business School has been proposing training actions in order to prepare organizations and their employees for the impacts of GDPR, covering three distinct areas: CIPP/E Certification, CIPM Certification and CIPT Certification.
- CIPP/E Certification addresses national and european legislation and regulations, terminology, concepts and best practices, regarding the protection of personal data and of data flows between countries;
- CIPM Certification is one of the main certifications especially directed to Operational Management professionals;
- CIPT Certification is directed to IT professionals and aimed at the validation of their technological knowledge in privacy.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) status demands a thorough knowledge of the new legislation as well as specific skills, in order to lead the overall implementation and management of processes intrinsic to the business, and which comprise the collection and processing of personal data under the new legislation. The CIPP/E and CIPM Certifications ensure candidates have the necessary skills to perform the DPO functions, in order to assist organizations in designing and implementing correct GDPR strategies.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) represents a huge transformation for all public and private national organizations, demanding the appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the implementation of control tools and specific procedures aimed at managing and protecting the personal data of their clients and employees.
THE NEW REGULATION AND THE DPO’s ROLE
The new 2016/679 Regulation issued by the European Parliament and Council, reinforces the already conferred rights and the individuals’ control over their personal data, forcing companies to implement processes and procedures as well as to appoint and train/certify an employee as DPO. The DPO will be the individual responsible for implementing the technical and organizational measures, required for the protection of data privacy within the organization.